Friday, June 17, 2011

On Friendship.

This blog was inspired by a fellow Blogger.

I recently came across her Write about Real Friends, it made me think.
Friends are supposed to be there whenever you need them, they see you how you really are and tell you the truth. But, how do you know who if your Friends is a REAL one ?

I never had too many Problems to connect with People, but being in the Military really makes it so much harder. I've learnt my Lessons about Army Wifes - and I don't mean the kind you might see on TV. The words " Crazy " and " Backstabbing " come to Mind. When I first moved here I thought I'd make a lot of Friends rather quickly, instead, after 3 years I'm still doing everything solo.
Within the Time on this Post I've been the " flavor of the Month ",  a " Gold Donkey " and a " Cover-up ".
So, how do you choose a Friend if you need to have your Guard up at almost all times ?
I've also learnt that some Women don't stop even for kids and want to pull your Child right into whatever Argument they got with you. And that is where it hits the Brakes for me : If someone decides to spread Rumors about my Kids or twists Stories so their personal Attention Level rises a few Bars ! - That's just plain dirty and beyond mean!!

Truth be told, I have withdrawn myself a lot. It's sad, and I never thought that something like this could ever happen to me...but yah, I won't deny it.
I miss my former Bestie and it is wonderful to finally be connected again!! Thinking back on how much fun we had back in them days, before we were married and had Kids, makes me smile every time. Now, she also has found a new best Friend, which is kinda hurtful to see, but I wish her all the Luck in the world ! Afterall I can't expect her to wait for me to MAYBE come back home. Another good Friend of mine committed Suicide a few Months before I moved to the USA, which struck me very deeply because we were Besties since we were Babies.

The last Friends I thought I've found here in WA turned out to be -1- a little Cheat. She went to Places just to meet up with a Fling, and I covered in case her Hubby asked. Number 2 was someone who didn't really like paying for Things out of her own Pocket. - She was a Friend I really couldn't afford ( nor do I have the letters ' ATM ' tattooed onto my Forehead ).
I've joined an active Group , too. Only to see people smile in my Face and talk behind my Back. Surely, I do have my Flaws, but shouldn't that be something a true Friend is supposed to tell me ?

- Hold up, I remember, I'm a lone Wolf here. But believe me, howling at the Moon without a Pack can be very depressing at times.

1 comment: